Do you have the ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment, with strong research and writing capabilities? How about a high level of organization and attention to detail with the ability to plan and meet deadline? And most importantly, do you have affection for animals, concern for their welfare, and a willingness to accommodate animals in the workplace?
If so, you might be a great candidate for a Grants Specialist at Maddie’s Fund®.
The job position is based in our Pleasanton, Calif., office and provides functional support for administering assigned grants programs. This may include preparation and tracking grant authorizations, confirmation letters, payments and general correspondence with grantees.
“Maddie’s Fund offers a fun, fast-paced environment for people who love pets,” said Shelly Thompson, Director of Grants at Maddie’s Fund. “We’re looking for someone who is extremely detail-oriented, can work collaboratively as well as independently, juggle multiple projects, who is flexible and a self-starter.”
Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with an emphasis in Communications, English, Social Science, Non-Profit Management or related field
- Extensive computer skills in records and database management, word processing and computer research. Experience with foundationConnect or Salesforce and Quickbooks a plus
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with colleagues, board members, grantees and the general public
- Integrity and ability to handle confidential matters
- Must have an open, positive attitude and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment where a diversity of opinion is valued and encouraged
- Must be able to deal effectively, politely and interact productively with all types of people from all types of backgrounds and experience and in all types of situations
- Ability to solve problems in an ever-changing environment; high degree of flexibility and adaptability
Want to know more about job duties and how to apply? See the full job description here. Know someone who might be a good fit? Share it with them!