If you’ve followed us during the holidays these past few years, you know that we’ve changed the day after Thanksgiving from #BlackFriday to #PetFriday! That means, instead of spending your day in long lines and chaos at a store, you spend quality time doing whatever you want with your furry best friend(s)! Need we say more?
The idea that was inspired from REI’s #OptOutside campaign is now approaching its third year with more and more people choosing to ditch the malls and celebrating with their pets, instead.
Need some ideas on how to celebrate together? While there’s no wrong way, here are a few to get your wheels turning. What else would you add to the list?
- Go for a walk (or run, or hike!)
- Read a book
- Watch a good movie or series on Netflix
- Take a nap
- Bake yummy treats (dog-friendly, of course!)
- Have a play-date
- Take a road trip
- Play a game
- Foster a pet from your local shelter or rescue organization (Especially if you don’t have one of your own!)
- Adopt another friend from your local shelter or rescue! (Kind of the “ultimate” way to celebrate, if you ask us!)
Of course, doing absolutely nothing is a perfectly viable option, too, as long as you do it together! Whatever you do, remember to post your photos to social media with the #PetFriday hashtag to help spread the word!