Are you a leader in animal welfare looking to take your lifesaving skills to the next level? Maddie’s® Executive Leader Fellowship has two exciting opportunities for you! We are now accepting applications for two fellowships – one at Austin Pets Alive! and Austin Animal Center, and one at Humane Society Silicon Valley.
Maddie’s® Executive Leader Fellowship is an intensive professional opportunity for individuals committed to developing and strengthening their knowledge and skill sets in no-kill animal sheltering management and leadership.
“Maddie’s Fund is very excited to offer these Leader Fellowships, as this will open the door for new progressive leaders in our animal welfare industry and bring us closer to our no-kill animal sheltering goal,” said Lynne Fridley, Maddie’s Fund Co-Director of Education.
Fellows will develop an understanding of and foundational skillsets related to:
- Leading and managing across functions to optimize overall mission and financial outcomes;
- Shelter medicine and integration of shelter medicine standards throughout operations;
- Change management, and successfully orchestrating change across an organization;
- Thinking end-to-end to support outstanding stakeholder experiences for the benefit of the mission;
- Leveraging collaboration and partnerships to expand mission reach and impact;
- Building a high performing team;
- And more!
Two fellows will be selected for each location. Applications are being accepted October 1 – October 19, 2018. The review and hiring process will take six weeks. The fellowships will start in January, 2019.