While it may seem a little early for cooler weather and pumpkin-spiced anything and everything, fall is just around the corner, and now’s the time to apply for our fall apprenticeship programs! With eight opportunities ranging from adoption matchmaker to parvo ICU to volunteer management, there’s something for everyone. The application window for all opportunities is through August 14.
Maddie’s® Apprenticeship Program is an exciting opportunity for shelters and rescue organizations to share ideas and strategies to improve lifesaving. Through a blended learning experience, both direct hands-on and online, organizations looking to improve their practices will benefit from the wisdom shared by well-established innovative programs that have proven to save lives.
See the full list of eight apprenticeships being offered this round below, and find more details including dates of each apprenticeship via the links.
- Three Clinic Apprenticeships at Austin Pets Alive! (Austin, Tex.)
- APA! Clinic Apprenticeship for Clinic Managers
- APA! Clinic Apprenticeship for Veterinary Technicians
- APA! Clinic Apprenticeship for Veterinarians
- Do you want to learn ways to ensure that each animal at your shelter or rescue receives the medical care, kindness, and solicitude that we would give our own pets? Then the Austin Pets Alive! Clinic Apprenticeship is for you!
- Matchmaker Apprenticeship at Austin Pets Alive! (Austin, Tex.)
- Are you passionate about reducing length of stay, increasing adoptions and engaging adopters for dogs in your care and interested in learning how to be most effective at implementing this type of program in their organization.
- APA! Parvo ICU at Austin Pets Alive! (Austin, Tex.)
- Do you want to start saving dogs with parvo in your community? Would you like a chance to learn how to give parvo puppies a chance to survive with APA!’s exclusive protocols and intensive care unit?
- Hard-to-Place Cat Adoption Program at Cat Town (Oakland, Calif.)
- Are you passionate about feline welfare? Do you want to learn how to see beyond a cat’s cage reaction and be willing to give fearful shelter cats a chance to thrive? Do you want to learn proven strategies for attracting great fosters and adopters for challenging cats? If so, our Adoption of Hard-to-Place Cats Apprenticeship may be just for you!
- Volunteer Management and Engagement at St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center (Madison, N.J.)
- Are you interested in learning how to grow, implement and inspire a volunteer program at your shelter or rescue? Do you want to engage your community to save the lives of more shelter pets?
- Pet Retention and Helpline at St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center (Madison, N.J.)
- Do you want to learn ways to help the public find resources to keep their pets, or pets they have found, out of the shelter? To help pet owners find new homes for their pets, or helps owners find solutions to problems so that pets can stay in their current homes? Do you want to grow, implement and start a helpline for pet owners to help keep pets in their homes?
Have you participated in one of our apprenticeships before? We’d love to hear about your experience! If you have a success story and/or are willing to be interviewed, please email email@example.com and let us know.